Wednesday, June 07, 2006

School's Out for Summer . . . and I'm unemployed.

Today I vacuumed. I vacuumed my parents' house. I vacuumed a lot.

I am relentless in my efforts to rid this place of all imperfections, all inhibitions, all obstructions. Our plethora of animals (3 dogs, 4 cats) sabatoge my work quicker than I can reclaim its purity. Purity in apperance; purity that is inherent, yet often covered up by the thick veil of Daily Life.

As I push the vacuum cleaner, and pull the vacuum cleaner, backandforthandbackandforth, along every rug in the house, I feel a secret rage grow warm in my belly. I am angry, but determined. I drag the vacuum across the ground, trying to rake over my feelings, leaving a pattern of smooth lines where my tangled feelings of worthlessness had been lingering just a moment ago.

Tomorrow, I will wake up and do it all over again. God help the dog hair and cat puke that dare to cross me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great... and about being unemployed, heard back from Barnes and Noble yet?

The Artist said...

Maybe if you brushed the dogs, your vacuuming efforts would be minimized.

Meow.............ME-YOW.

The Artist said...

P.S. to Cinderella

Your efforts are important and appreciated. And certainly not worthless. You're learning one of life's harsh little lessons: Into each life, a little doghair must fall.

Suck it up, kid.