Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My AIM

My AIM

depends on the time of day and
the direction I am facing.

. . . to pierce your heart
with a sense of sorrow thick enough
to choke on, like a cloud.

To move through you,
an autumn breeze;
a cold front moving in from the River.

To disregard you -(let's be honest here)-
and come back to myself.

To feel what it's like to
walk into a building
with a sense of purpose.

To know where I am going.

To expand around the edges
just a little further- (actually,
much, much further.)

To write a poem,
To sing a song,
To learn SOMETHING NEW every day.

My aim is to sit on park benches
like they do in better poems;
just myself, alone,
faced with the warm airiness of the unknown.

1 comment:

The Artist said...

Oh, how I wish you would -- AIM your body, or your car to the nearest park bench. Take a copy of this that you wrote. Sit on that bench, yourself, alone - and read MY AIM out loud "like they do in better poems". Because it IS just that.